Friday, December 7, 2012

Graohic Design, in music videos?

This doesn't really have anything to do with what we learned era wise, but it's just something I noticed.

In my other graphic design class, Design Media and Principles. We learned how designs show things like emphasis.

I'm not a huge fan of Kimbra, but I won't lie I love her music video "Cameo Lover."
Just like any other music video, the lead singer accompanied by other dancers usually sticks out more creating high amounts of emphasis.
In Cameo Lover, Kimbra is seen in a highly saturated pink summer dress, while her dancers, low saturated pink and yellow skirts. In the following snapshot from her video, you can see there is a high amount of emphasis in color. There is also emphasis in isolation, simply by placing the lead singer a few feet away from the group of singers.




Also if you have any interest in Kimbra's Music Video 'Cameo Lover' there is a youtube link attached below:





No comments:

Post a Comment